- Leading educational institutions will be exhibiting at the fair who will be able to inform students on the range of courses that they have on offer and the different options available to them if they wish to pursue a career in the agri-industry.
- There will be talks throughout the day from leaders in the agri-industry who will be sharing their stories about succeeding in the world of agriculture. Our hope is that these talks will motivate the next generation of leaders that they can forge a successful career for themselves in the agri-industry.
- There will be a careers advice hub which will be facilitated by Irish Farmers Journal staff and industry experts who will be able to discuss with students the opportunities that are available to them in an industry which currently employs over 250,000 people in Ireland today.
- There will be seminars taking place which will be focused on specific sectors of the Leaving Cert Agricultural Science project which is due to be submitted by students at the end of March.
- Finally, the Agri-Careers Fair will be showcasing the variety of positions that are available to graduates in agri companies. These companies take on people from different backgrounds so we want to demonstrate this to students on the day.
The Irish Farmers Journal, along with open air, host the first ever Agri-Careers Fair on Thursday March 3rd 2016. The event takes place in the RDS from 11am-8pm and there will be plenty on offer on the day which senior cycle students. The main focus of the day will be to encourage and inspire students that there is a viable future career in the agri-industry for them. The event itself is free to attend and students will find the event beneficial as the following will be taking place;
If you would like to find out any more information about the event you can visit our website at www.agricareers.ie