IASTA are delighted to announce details of Ag-Venture 2020 – our National Conference. This year’s theme will be ‘Improving Sustainability in Irish Agriculture’, in line with the thematic brief of the Individual Investigative Study.
The Conference will take place on the evening of Friday, March 6th and Saturday, March 7th at Bridge Hotel in Tullamore, Co. Offaly. Delegates can register for either or both days. A conference dinner will take place on Friday evening also.
The cost of attending the conference is heavily subsidised by IASTA:
- Friday & Saturday (including conference dinner) €30
- Saturday €10 (including lunch)
A brief outline of the programme is below. Full programme available here.
Friday March 6th:
6:00pm Welcome & Main Speaker: A Presentation from a Leading Organic Cereal Grower, Breakfast Cereal Producer and Exporter
8:15pm IASTA Annual Dinner, with a talk from the IASTA Hononary President Mr. Owen Brennan, Executive Chairman Devenish. Followed by the presentation of Marty Barrett Award (The Highest Marks in L.C Agricultural Science 2019)
Saturday March 7th:
8:30am – Registration
9:00am – Welcome and opening speaker.
The programme of the day will be confirmed shortly to include the following items:
- NCCA Representative on the new LC Agricultural Science Specification
- A representative from a major animal food ingredients company, exporting globally
- A Teagasc Expert on Sustainability
- A Teachers Workshop on “The Brief” – The Individual Investigative Study
- And more to be confirmed …
It is an exciting yet challenging time for teachers of Agricultural Science. Demand is expected to be high. To register for this year’s event click below.
Supported by Teacher Professional Networks.